Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm That Girl

I was that girl
the one who gave into her lusts
that maybe you think you can't trust
the one you think deserves what she gets
the one who dug her own pit

I was that girl
the one who knows how to hide
the one who lost all sense of pride
the one who won't let you see the broken parts
that maybe you think doesn't deserve a forgiving heart

I was that girl
the one who falls to her knees in regret
that maybe you think her sin He won't forget
the one whose mind is constantly reeling
the one who sits in your church searching for healing

I'm that girl
the one upon whom He lavished His grace
the one whom He loves and showed His face
the one you just can't understand
the one for whom there is a scar of love in His hand

I'm that girl

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful poem describing a beautiful truth.
    Thank you for sharing, girl.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete