Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Growing Times of Marriage

The married couple is not without hard days, difficult circumstances, trying times.

days when tears flow, hearts are exposed, character is built

It's often in those moments of weakness, when my beloved wraps his arms around me, that I am reminded of the depth of love he holds for me.

His tender heart wishes my tears to go away.

His compassion wraps around me like a thick, warm blanket.

His words of wisdom wash over my heart's sadness.

My heart remembers the love of our younger days, and is overwhelmed at the growing that has taken place. The hardest days are where I find that our hearts have expanded together.

When I'm weak, He is strong...much like the love of my heavenly Father.

More than my partner in life, more than my soulmate...he is the completion of me.




1 comment:

  1. That is a very sweet post. You have such a gift of words. It is amazing how we look back on our dating days and then the years we have been married and we realize how much we love our spouse. Yes my husband completes me. He is the balance in my life. He is calm where I am fiesty. He loves me even though I have a smart mouth. But it is very reassuring to know that God loves us even more. Thanks for the post....

    ReplyDelete