Thursday, January 6, 2011

I AM

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I L.O.V.E. to sing! Let me qualify that...I love to sing about my Savior. And last night at choir rehearsal was no exception. We're working on a song titled, I AM. I love the way musicians put words to music, and this song is one of the best combinations of the two I think I've ever heard! Read the lyrics:

I am the Lord, I’m the Almighty God,
I am the One for when nothing is too hard,
I am the Shepherd and I am the Door,
I am the Good news to the bound and the poor.

I am the righteous One and I am the Lamb,
I am the Ram in the bush for Abraham,
I am the Ultimate Sacrifice for sin,
I am your Redeemer, the Beginning and the End.

I am Jehovah, and I am the King,
I am Messiah, David’s offspring,
I am your High Priest, and I am the Christ,
I am the Resurrection, I am the Life.

I am the Bread, and I am the Wine,
I am your Future, so leave your past behind,
I am the One in the midst of two or three,
I am your Tabernacle, I am your Jubilee.

I am Hope, I am Peace, I am Joy, I am Rest,
Oh, I am your Comfort, and Relief from your stress,
I am Strength, I am Faith, I am Love, I am Power,
And today I am your Freedom, this very hour.

My favorite lines:
I am your Redeemer
AND
I am your Future, so leave your past behind
AND
And today I am your Freedom, this very hour

These words express my heart...He redeemed me, my story, my life. He is my future, and because of Him, I am able to leave the past behind me! He is my freedom. He is ALL I need. Friends, I hope you can say that I AM is all you need. Look back at those lyrics...if they're true (and they are), what else do you need?

He IS!

(watch/listen to it here)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS SONG! I may steal these lyrics for my blog!

    ReplyDelete