Monday, December 20, 2010

My 100 Joys: 54-65

My joys, Friday - Sunday....the last weekend before Christmas:

54 - I had a much-needed girls' day! Coffee, shopping and lunch with two friends! Lots of story-telling, lots of laughter. We really weren't very productive at Christmas shopping. But we had a lot of fun!

55 - A new friend...who already feels like a long-time friend.

56 - Date night with my hubby...even if it was Christmas shopping! We had a late-night dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse...yum!

57 - Play time with our new dog, Maggie. She's very entertaining!

58 - Shopping for someone we don't know! I think I found more joy in buying for this person than I did in buying for anyone else.

59 - Picking up the girls from Grandma's house...I always love that first moment I see them after they've been away for a little while. (Granted...they were only gone one night, but it makes me happy when they're excited to come home!)

60 - Mark and I participated in a play in our children's worship. I loved hearing the kids' laughter. Some of them would get so excited that they'd shout out.

61 - Finished reading Gideon's Gift by Karen Kingsbury! A great Christmas book....I highly recommend it. (Have the kleenex handy!)

62 - My second-grade choir amazed me at our Candlelight service! They didn't talk, they sang their songs, no one fell off the stage...amazing! If you only knew what weekly rehearsals were like, you'd be amazed too! And they looked absolutely precious!

63 - I was able to sit in the audience during one song and watch my girls sing with their choirs. I love watching their little faces as they sing. Angelic!

64 - Grace, my oldest, sang her solo in front of a couple of thousand people. I was probably more nervous than she was. She sang absolutely beautifully!







65 - I was the Daily Guest on (in)courage. I loved getting comments from readers who shared their hearts. I am so thankful that what Satan meant to use for evil in my life, God uses for good.

2 comments: