Friday, November 12, 2010

A Message About Music

Music has always been one of my passions. God uses music to speak to me, to soften my heart, to make me question the intentions of my heart. I think God uses music to reach others in the same way. I am always in awe when I hear the lyrics poured from someone's heart in song. To be quite honest, I've kinda always thought I was less than spiritual because God's Word sometimes speaks to me more when put to music than when I read it. In fact, music was a big part of my healing...God used certain songs to speak directly to my heart.

A couple of weeks ago, my minister of music challenged our choir to listen to a message by John Piper, Ambushing Satan With Song. I finally took the time a few days ago to listen to it. And I just have to say:

Thank you, Jesus, for choirs, music, and the gift of singing praise to Him.

I hope you will take a little bit of time to listen to the message here. It will forever change the way you sing, and the way you listen to music.

To Thee I will sing praises with the lyre, O Thou Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praises to Thee; And my soul, which Thou hast redeemed. Psalm 71:22b-23

No comments:

Post a Comment