Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Prayers For Alabama

I know many of you who read this blog are from different states and countries. I am requesting that you take a few moments to pray for the state of Alabama. I'm writing on Wednesday evening at 9:30 CST. At this time, there have been 53 confirmed deaths due to today's violent tornadoes. The death toll will probably rise on Thursday with the light of day. We have major destruction from one side of the state to the other. Clean-up efforts will be long and difficult.

My immediate family and I did not have damage, but some of our extended family members did. Most importantly, all our family members are accounted for and are safe. However, there are many in Alabama who cannot say the same.

Please pray for:

Families who have lost/missing loved ones

Families who have lost homes and/or businesses

Strenth and energy for clean-up crews, power crews

1 comment:

  1. yes this is so important...most of my family lives in tuscaloosa and we have accounted for everyone except one aunt and uncle...we are praying that their power is out and they can't use their cordless phones...they don't have cell phones...this is my mother's sister...it is totally devestating...God's power is amazing...

    ReplyDelete