Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beautiful, Terrible Cross

My thoughts can't escape the third point of my pastor's sermon this past Sunday, so I thought I'd share it:

The cross liberates and recreates.

It is a place of beauty and tragedy. 

Crucifixion is a slow, decisive death. The cross is where we die to the things of this world. It is where we have to deal with the things in which we have previously placed our trust and delight. It is where change takes place, and we have a new reliance on Christ. Our boast (obsession, glory, delight) is in the cross.

Redemption is available only through the cross.

Taken from "Grace At the Cross," Buddy Gray


1 comment:

  1. This is very moving... thank you for sharing it. I can't even imagine going through all that for others who don't even know who you are.

    ReplyDelete