Wednesday, April 6, 2011

For The Fallen

There came a point when I knew I was capable of anything. It hit me square in the face that given the right combination of temptation, circumstances, and weakness, I was capable of absolutely anything. It was then that I realized that people living in a lifestyle of sin almost never planned to wind up where they are. It was the point that I realized most people sitting in prisons never intended to end up there, never intended to do what took them there.

We live in a fallen world, with falling people all around us. You may be one of those. Maybe you're frantically scrambling around on your knees trying to gather the pieces of the life you've shattered. You have moments when you believe that one day you'll be up and walking again with the rest of plastic humanity. But, mostly, the wounds from your shattered life knock you off your knees, flat on your face. You have quickly become familiar with the guilt, shame and regret of some sin you never before would've believed you were capable of committing.

You may feel there's no hope. You may only see the faces of plastic people whose eyes condemn you for what you've done. But be assured...

You're not alone.

We're all around you. The fallen...The redeemed...The restored. We have stories similar to yours. We're searching for you. We want to share the hope of Jesus with you. Call out for help, and when those around you ignore or condemn, call a little louder. We'll rush in to tell you With God, nothing is impossible. Your sin is not too great. You are loved.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning! I received the wonderful books and the Starbucks gift card! Thank you so much! I can hardly wait to dig into those books.. I love to read... and drink coffee! Hugs to you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, thank you for giving me something to think about... take care

    ReplyDelete