Friday, January 20, 2012

Goodness and Intimacy

I've said it many times, and I'll say it again: God is intimate with us.

This morning I set out for a 9-mile run. I needed to make it through all nine miles considering the half marathon is in just a few weeks. I've had shin and sciatic pains over the last couple of weeks and haven't run nearly as often or as long as I should, but I was determined this morning to run through any pain. I washed down a couple of pain relievers and stretched before I left home.

The first few miles went fine, but at mile five, the pain started to kick in. I kept going, hoping it would eventually subside. But at mile eight, something happened in my back. I felt as though I were having childbirth contractions. The pain wrapped around from by back to my stomach, and I got scared. That's never happened before. I seriously thought I might have to call my husband and get him to stay on the phone with me to make sure I made it home since I was still a mile from the house. Instead, I started to pray. God, give me strength to make it home. Make the pain go away.

As soon I finished praying, Lincoln Brewster started singing in my ears via the TobyMac station on Pandora Radio. As I listened to the words, I knew not only would I make it home, but that I'd be okay. Turns out that whatever happened in my back must've helped the sciatic pain as it's better than it's been in two weeks.

God is intimate, answering our prayers, and sometimes sending a little sign along the way. This morning, He gave me a song to reassure me. I want to share it with you as a proclamation of His goodness and intimacy with us:



No comments:

Post a Comment