Friday, November 4, 2011

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 4



I've always loved music. All kinds. Everything from children's songs to jazz to country to Christian to pop to rock to {sometimes...yes, I admit it} rap. I've always been one to sing along with the radio. But it wasn't until my early twenties that I began to sing in front of people. It was then that I found that people connect with lyrics to songs. And I was {and still am} thankful to be a tool that God often uses to share words that cause people to respond to Him.

Singing is a gift I don't take for granted. There was a time a few years ago when I thought I might never sing again. Not because of any physical problem, but because I thought God no longer wanted me. When He spoke the words to my heart, God often uses broken people to accomplish great things, I knew He was calling me back. You see, He wanted me all along, but I was the one who had walked away in a broken state.

I'm beyond thankful for every opportunity to sing, whether it's alone in my home or in a packed sanctuary...because when it comes down to it, there's really only One audience that matters.

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed, my husband and I used to do solo's and duets and sing at weddings and as the years have taken a toll on my voice with many voice infections I can only sing low alto now rarely can the high notes happen. Music is always an important part of worship GOOD for you if you can participate and bless others in the process.

    ReplyDelete