Friday, July 1, 2011

Forgive Me

Angry, defensive, smack-dab-in-the-midst-of-sin...Christians, church members.

God has burdened my heart for these. Even in the midst of arrogant sin and hard-hearted denial, I know they'll eventually break. And when they do, it will feel as if the world is crashing down around them. Guilt and shame will overwhelm them. And they'll feel like there's not a single Christian they can turn to for help.

I. know.

So forgive me if my heart breaks with them. Forgive me if I don't tell them, repent or else. Forgive me if grace and mercy are all I have to offer them. Forgive me if I gently encourage the breaking of sin instead of breaking off fellowship. Forgive me if all I know to tell them is that God loves them no. matter. what. they've done. Forgive me if I tell them that God can use them again, maybe now more than ever. But it's all I know...because I've been there.

1 comment:

  1. Father, forgive me when I have been judgmental instead of offering forgiveness and love.

    ReplyDelete